Wednesday, August 16, 2006

a variation from the norm

So, last night I was thinking about all the things I create that I'd like to document & show the progress of on this here blog. I realized that I do so many things for so many reasons!

  • SCA - historical recreation
  1. sew costuming & armor
  2. kumihimo - the art of japanese braiding
  3. beading & accessories
  4. knitting
  5. silk painting (my newest venture)
  6. and i'd like to get into some of the scroll painting...
  • burlesque
  1. costumes costumes costumes! EVERYTHING SHINEY!
  • everyday wear
  1. clothing for my everyday life
  2. clothing for boyfriend
  3. clothing for work
  4. knitting
  5. beading & jewelry
  • home crafts
  1. fabric boxes & bowls
  2. frame crafts & art
  3. pillows & decorations
  4. pottery

So - you see - I do a lot of shit. and I'm sure there's other things that I do that I didn't even think of! So, I'll have to keep in mind as I post things to note what the particular project is for.

Last night I finished a pair of chinese beaded hair sticks that I made to complement a Tang dynasty Chinese outfit for the upcoming crown tournament in the SCA. I found this fabulous brocade fabric that has completely inspired me to do an outfit centered around the colors of yellow & green - accented in pink & black. It sounds weird offhand, but i'll post a pic of the fabric & hairsticks & it'll all make sense!

happy crafting!

No comments: