Friday, August 25, 2006

silk & circumstance

Last night I pulled out my 4 yards of habotai silk and washed it in a couple of capfuls of synthrapol - in preparation for painting silk banners this weekend.

I also traced out my design on paper, and am a bit concerned that my initial outline for the size of the banner is going to be too big. I was planning on making it a 45 inch by 60 inch horizontal rectangle. 60 inches is 5 feet...that's really big. I'm thinking of shrinking my design down to 36 inches by 50 inches, or something. I need to give myself room on the left side of the banner to stitch a loop for the pole to slide through, and on the right side of the banner to cut some strips for fringe. It's all so very complicated, and it's just not going to come together until I cut it out and trace on my design. So, i think I'm going to do that tonight, so that tomorrow's venture of painting can be it's own set of question marks.

No comments: