Sunday, January 14, 2007

more adventures in silk painting

today I finished the outline design on the banner, and then gutta'd and filled all the border lines and color. NOW all I have to do is fill in the body of the banner in red:

As you can see - I made the banner longer than my frame - so I had to get a little ghetto and attach my needlepoint loop at the end and hold it tight while working on that section.

My challenge with the red is that I feel like it turned out really blotchy on the first one. So, I'm brainstorming on how I can get the color to look more even and less icky on this one. Oh, and the little doodle up in the right hand corner....

Sometimes I lose focus and the only way to regain my sanity is to scribble a couple of random things. Since I happened to be working with gutta at the time...well, you see the result. :)

The diamond design is actually similar to what I have tattoed behind my left ear - that I've tried to get passed as an SCA device, and been cleverly denied. motherbitches.

anywho, I'll post the result of my red filling-in tomorrow. keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: